The consumption of desi cow ghee helps in increasing the bone strength and stamina. In fact, the richest source of fat-soluble vitamins is desi cow ghee. They help in healthy growth and development of bones & brain, also maintaining their normal functioning. If the body receives ghee at a sustained level, it improves its immunity against several disorders by developing body tissues. It also helps sensory organs to work properly. Capabilities of the brain like wisdom, memory and intellect also increase due to the consumption of desi cow ghee. Besides this, desi ghee is also known as a body cleanser as it removes impurities from your body. It strengthens your eyesight, your muscles and tendons.
Desi cow ghee is a natural lubricating agent. When consumed, ghee promotes the formation of lubricants in the bone joints and elevates calcium absorption in bones. It is full of omega-3 fatty acids that prevent osteoporosis. The tissues in your bone joints will remain healthy lifelong. Vitamin K2 is one of the most important determinants of bone density and strength. It helps absorb calcium and other trace minerals which are the building blocks of bones. Ghee is an ample source of this wonder vitamin and so is important for stronger bones.
Cow ghee is much better than buffalo ghee. Infact buffalo ghee is not too great for health. Desi cow ghee has a nutty flavour and has a rich golden color. Ghee has a buttery taste but you can taste the milk solids prominently in them.
We have come up with some amazing health benefits of eating desi cow ghee on regular basis.
- According to Ayurveda experts, desi cow ghee plays a very important role in improving and maintaining good health of our digestive system. It is not only one of the most easily digestible fats but it also helps in preventing constipation & easy excretion. If you are planning to detox your body than desi cow ghee with Moong Dal Khichdi can come quite handy.
- Expert nutritionists believe that desi cow ghee is a golden elixir which should be consumed on regular basis. It is a rich source of vitamin K2 required for synthesizing hormones in our body. Apart from that ghee is also a rich source of other fat soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A, D, E and K.
- It is a rich source of fat soluble vitamins, a spoon full of desi cow ghee daily will play a crucial role in improving immunity and good muscle and bone health. It also has anticancer, antiviral and antimicrobial properties.
- It is interesting to note that ghee is a fat that helps you in making you thin. It is a saturated fat with short chain fatty acids. It not only breaks down easily but gets quickly absorbed by the body. It plays a crucial role in improving your body metabolism & breaking the stubborn fat beneath your skin.
- Another health benefit of ghee is its high smoking point. Indian cooking requires lot of sautéing & desi ghee is the best fat option for Indian cooking as it does not break down easily to release harmful free radicals.
- Vitamin K2 present in ghee not only helps in building hormones in body but it also helps in maintaining good cardiovascular health. It prevents deposition of calcium in arteries thus help in preventing any kind of obstruction in blood flow. It also helps in lowering the bad cholesterol and increasing the level of good cholesterol in blood.
Read our blog – Why The Pure Desi Cow Milk Ghee Is Costlier Than Normal Ghee?
Desi cow ghee helps in improving digestive strength by revitalizing secretion of enzymes. Desi ghee is easy to absorb and metabolize as it contains short chain fatty acids. People with weak digestion must consume desi ghee so that their body can break down their food in a better manner. Cow ghee is among those rare food items that help in balancing bile without diminishing the intestinal potential of the body. Constipation can be cured with cow ghee. If one consumes a spoonful of desi ghee mixed in lukewarm dairy, they can achieve healthy bowels in the morning.
Ghee massage is used to support the treatments of diseases, rejuvenative treatments (rasayana) & aphrodisiac treatments (vajikarana). In addition, ghee is said to promote memory, intelligence, quantity and quality of sexual secretions and to enhance digestion. We do know from modern science that cow ghee is rich in phenolic antioxidants. Ghee is good for growth of the all seven dhatus in the body (plasma, blood, flesh, fat, bones, marrow, semen) and is suited to people of every age. It makes all sensory organs more efficient, enhances the growth of hair and improves the complexion and skin health. In particular, it helps in the formation of bones and facilitates healing of traumatic injuries, including fractures. Ghee is lauded for sexual vitality and for building nerve & brain tissue. Long a favorite of yoga practitioners, it lubricates the connective tissues & promotes flexibility. The revered sage Acharya Vagbhata describes its healing properties in the cases of burns and wounds.
Cow ghee can be used for an activity called ‘Tarpana’. Here a mixture is applied around the eyes, which is made with a chunky paste of flour & the mixture is filled with herbal ghee. The person is asked to open his or her eyes and then close them again and again. According to ayurveda, this process increases and strengthens the power of the eyes and helps in improving eyesight. Desi cow ghee prepared with Triphala can be used for this process. Desi ghee along with Triphala and honey is believed to improve vision. It can be applied on the eyes for strengthening the eyes. The eyes can be washed with desi ghee for attaining soothing results when slight itching or burning sensation occurs in one’s eyes.
Best ways to consume desi cow ghee
- A teaspoon of desi cow ghee with warm water to lubricate the bronchioles (airway passage), reduce spasm of bronchioles, enhance breathing and cure dry cough.
- Administering two drops of liquefied ghee in each nostril, improves immune system of upper respiratory tract and prevents allergies of dust, smoke and aerosols. It can also protect from recurrent infections of throat, nose & chest.
- Consumption of 1-2 tsp. of ghee every morning on empty stomach will stop thickening of arteries and improve blood circulation as well as reduce accumulation of free radicals in body cells.
- Daily consumption of 2-3 tsp. of cow ghee along with rice and roti improves the digestion process, improves absorption of nutrients from food, lubricates large intestines and prevents constipation.
Pure Desi Ghee Price Online: 1 kg Ghee Price is Rs 2400/-When and how to give ghee to your baby, infant and its health benefits?10 Things most people don’t know about Indian desi cow gheeAyurvedic Eye Treatment: Netra Tarpana (Ghee Eye Bath)Desi Ghee for Sinus Problem| Ayurvedic Remedy |Benefits of Desi Ghee