Cow Ghee is quite a wondrous fat, that actually improves the ratio of HDL (high-density lipoprotein, or “good” cholesterol) to LDL (low-density lipoprotein, or “bad” cholesterol) in your body. When you consume desi cow ghee, in moderation, of course, you increase your body’s ability to get rid of the bad cholesterol. It’s no surprise that desi cow ghee is considered as the healthiest fat for consumption even in Ayurveda. Ayurvedic experts always recommend desi cow ghee as it is said to increase the Agni (digestive capabilities) and nourish the Ojas (vigor). Ghee also lubricates the connectives tissues in the body, which strengthen all organs especially the nervous system. Which is why ghee is also used as a part of Ayurvedic medicine. It ensures proper absorption of medicinal herbs by the body. The effects are any day better for your body than popping an allopathic tablet which may or may not get fully absorbed by your body.
Have you ever noticed that foods cooked in pure desi ghee feel much lighter on the palate? There’s a pretty good reason for that too. Desi ghee is much easier for your body to digest when compared to other cooking oils. Now the question is – Where can I buy Desi Cow Ghee? Buy ghee online at our online store. Visit our website https://sureshdesighee.com/ to know more.
Typical fats tend to add an additional load on to your digestive system as they have to be broken down before being digested. With ghee, it’s different. Desi ghee can actually stimulate the secretion of acids in your stomach to help with digestion.
Not just your heart and your digestive system, ghee is also said to stop the growth of cancerous cells in your body. The butyric acid that is contained in pure ghee helps with this.
Read our blog: Health Benefits Of Drinking Milk With Ghee At Night
This important element is also responsible for making you feel very more energetic instead of the typical lethargic effect induced by consuming oily foods.
This is a win especially for people struggling with health conditions that require them to stay active to stay healthy. If you have more energy, you will be able to spend more time exercising in a really healthy cycle.
Another not so well understood fact about pure ghee is its ability to withstand high levels of heat. Pure Desi Ghee is one of the few oils that is extremely stable and can be used for cooking regularly. Several oils tend to degenerate when you try to heat them too much. But that is not the case with ghee. It can withstand high heat due to the presence of saturated fatty acids that don’t break down easily. This eliminates the release of free radicals which are harmful to your health, especially your heart’s health.
Read our blog – Why The Pure Desi Cow Milk Ghee Is Costlier Than Normal Ghee?
Research clearly suggests that 10% desi ghee in your daily diet shows a decrease in serum cholesterol levels and even reduces the triglycerides. This is true of both heated and room temperature ghee.
Vanaspati ghee on the other hand which sometimes people confused with pure ghee contains 40% trans fatty acids and creates a bunch of health issues including weight gain, insulin resistance, stress and heart problems.
Whatever your diet and health goals, Desi Cow Ghee can be good for you. The only difference for each person will be the moderation of quantity. Your body may have a higher or lower requirement when compared to your neighbour.
Not all people are made the same and it wouldn’t be judicious to eliminate an important element of your diet just because of a lack of understanding. Your Moms are right when they add desi ghee to your paratha. They may not be able to explain the reasoning behind it, which you now know of, but they are right. Some traditions are worth treasuring and keeping. If they have been followed for years together, always try to understand why before you dismiss them.
Benefits of Ghee for Cholesterol
- 1. Low in Fat: If you are suffering from the problem of cholesterol, then consuming desi ghee irrespective of butter will be a healthier option for you. A research has shown that ghee can decrease cholesterol in the intestine if taken in required quantities. Desi ghee is a good source of healthy fats and is the best option for people suffering from cholesterol as it is made up of saturated fat.
- 2. Improves the Digestive System: Ghee is a rich source of butyric acid (a short chain fatty acid) which helps to improve the digestive health. The butyric acid is connected to immunity and Helps reduce swelling. It also stimulates the secretion of acids in the stomach which helps in proper digestion of food.
- 3. Provides Essential Vitamins: Ghee is rich in Vitamins A, D, E and K that are fat-soluble vitamins and helps in strengthening the immune system. It also consists of dietary fats that help your body to absorb essential vitamins.
- Helps in Providing Healthy Fats:4. The human body needs certain vital fats that are necessary to promote a health. The fats help in the protection of the stomach’s wall against digestive acids. The fats in desi ghee without hydrogenated oils or oxidized cholesterol that in maintaining good health.
- 5. Helps in Consuming Toxin Free Food: Ghee has a very high smoke point and when heated it does not break down into harmful free radicals or generate toxic fumes. The smoke point of ghee is 482 degrees Fahrenheit while butter has a smoke point of 400 degree Fahrenheit. Therefore, people suffering from Cholesterol must consume ghee in adequate quantities.
Scientists have been studying the effects of ghee and have demonstrated results that show fascinating effects of ghee on human diet and nutrition. A 2010 review of ghee science in the International Quarterly Journal of Research In Ayurveda by scientists from Ohio State that studies conducted on ghee have shown a series of possible benefits, including decreases in low-density lipoproteins, cholesterol and triglycerides (which are associated with cardiovascular disease), and there is a potential link between ghee and lower coronary heart disease risk. A 2014 study also found that ghee was better for cooking than other oils when looking at antioxidants and liver protection and that it helped to protect against the development of fatty deposits in arteries. Many studies in 2015 found that ghee, particularly low-cholesterol ghee, seemed to improve general cholesterol levels.
Amidst all the scientific evidence clarifies the benefits of ghee, moderation is key. Ghee is, in fact, a saturated fat and if it makes up less than 10 percent of the diet, it can reduce cholesterol by triggering an increased secretion of biliary lipids. Despite their bad representative, saturated fats are essential as they help boost immunity and keep viral infections at bay. But compared to other saturated fats such as butter and cooking oil, ghee is most notably said to stimulate the secretion of stomach acids that help in digestion. With a high concentration of butyric acid, ghee is also believed to stop the growth of cancerous tumours. So, if you want a good source of saturated fat in your diet, then desi ghee is the best option.
Refer our blog: Benefits Of Applying Desi Ghee For Face Overnight
- Body massage with ghee boosts the immune system.
- Ghee contains several fat-soluble vitamins, including vitamins A, E and K.
- It is an classic home treatment to improve digestion and curing constipation. It helps to secrete enzymes that digest the food, promotes digestive system.
- Good for a healthy heart.
- It is recommended for those suffering from piles, fistula problems and fissure. Apply desi ghee directly externally for burning sensation and relieving pain. Taking ghee internally helps for cure constipation and softening stool.
- Since desi ghee increase the secretion of biliary lipids, it can help in reducing cholesterol level in intestine and serum.
- It is known as a brain tonic. Excellent for improving memory power and intelligence. Best for strengthening mental health.
- It is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral anti-ageing and anti-oxidant.
- Desi ghee increases the absorbability of vitamins and minerals thus helps to improve overall health.
- It detoxifies body and is good for skin.