Most health conscious people believe that the key to weight loss is a fat-free diet & lots of exercise. However, not all fats are bad for your health, and some may, in fact, be good for your overall well-being. Ghee is considered to be a healthy fat.
“Ghee is a clarified form of butter. According to Ayurveda, it improves the absorption ability of the small intestines & decreases the acidic pH of our gastrointestinal tract. Ghee is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids which reduce LDL cholesterol. Cow ghee is a natural antioxidant which eliminates free radicals & inhibits oxidation process. Thus, it prevents degenerative changes in our musculoskeletal system (provides form, support, stability, and movement to the body), prevents premature ageing and prevents Alzheimer’s disease.
Ghee is strengthening & removes toxins from our system. “The butyric acid or Butyrate in combination with vitamins A, D, E and K present in ghee helps in boosting immunity, promotes gut health, keeps your hair and skin healthy, lubricates joints & strengthens our bones.
Is ghee fattening?
Experts say that ghee actually aid you lose weight. “The butyric acid & medium chain triglycerides in ghee help in mobilising stubborn body fat and getting rid of it. Ghee can also help in increasing good HDL (High-density lipoprotein) cholesterol. If you do not wish to go overboard with it, consume 2-3 teaspoons (10-15ml) of cow ghee daily for optimum benefits. Having too much of ghee can turn it into unwanted fats & bad for your health. “If you consume large amount of hydrogenated ghee will lead to thickening of arteries, accumulation of fats in body & decreased metabolism,
Experts recommends having a teaspoon of cow ghee on an empty stomach early in the morning or to cook a meal for the day in ghee. “Given its high smoke point, you can use it for any kind of cooking — from sautéing to deep-frying or even have it raw. Desi cow ghee mixed with milk nourishes the bones, muscle & the nervous system. Cow ghee can be applied over roti or mixed with dal-rice khichdi to enhance the flavour of the food as well.
Is ghee good for weight loss?
If you think that ghee only increases obesity then your perception is absolutely wrong. You must be surprised to know that desi ghee is also helpful in losing weight. Experts believe that ghee contains essential micro nutrients and antioxidants for the body, which is beneficial in increasing metabolism and reducing weight.
How much to include ghee in the food. The amount of it may be more or less according to your physical condition.
These are the miraculous benefits of eating cow ghee for weight loss.
- Ghee contains Vitamins A, D & E, by which the fat is reduced quickly.
- Omega 3 fatty acids present in ghee do not allow appetite to be repeated and can prevent you from eating too much i.e. the distance from obesity.
- It contains good fatty acids, so that fat does not accumulate.
- The butyric acid and medium chain triglycerides in ghee are said to aid in mobilising stubborn belly fat.
- Ghee consists of essential amino acids which help the fat cells to shrink in size.
Read our blog- Ghee- A short consideration from Ayurvedic perspective
5 Reasons why you should turn to Desi Cow Ghee for weight loss
- Contain Amino Acids: Nutritionists & doctors believe that since ghee is loaded with essential amino acids which helps in burning the fat cells to provide energy to the body, it becomes the perfect food to consume while trying to lose weight.
- Improves Digestion: It comes with a list of health benefits and one of them is good digestion. It acts as a lubricant in your body and makes digestion of food easier. Desi cow ghee prevents inflammation and if it is consumed regularly, it prevents you from cancer.
- Immunity Enhancer: Ghee is rich in antioxidants which strengthen immunity and keep one away from seasonal allergies. If you consumed on a daily basis, ghee can improve focus & concentration levels.
- Considered for Medicinal Purposes: Ayurveda gives credit to ghee for its medicinal properties. So it is recommended to saute the spice in a teaspoon of desi cow ghee. This not only increases appetite, but also results in better absorption.
- Rich in Fat-Soluble Vitamins: Ghee is rich in fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, so this makes it a power component. While vitamins A & E are antioxidants, vitamin K controls the blood clots, and D is essential for bones.
Read our blog – Why The Pure Desi Cow Milk Ghee Is Costlier Than Normal Ghee?
Read our blog- GHEE- A GOLDMINE OF NUTRIENTS FOR SKIN
Best ways to consume desi cow ghee
- Consumption of 1-2 tsp. of desi cow ghee every morning on empty stomach will prevent thickening of arteries & improve blood circulation as well as reduce accumulation of free radicals in body cells.
- Daily consumption of 2-3 tsp. of desi cow ghee along with rice & roti improves the digestion process, improves absorption of nutrients from food, lubricates large intestines and prevents constipation.
- Consume a teaspoon of desi ghee with lukewarm water to lubricate the bronchioles (airway passage), reduce spasm of bronchioles, enhance breathing and cure dry cough.
- Administering 2 drops of liquefied ghee in each nostril as part of Nasya, improves immune system of upper respiratory tract and prevents allergies of dust, smoke and aerosols. It can also protect from recurrent infections of throat, nose & chest.
While desi cow ghee may be a great ingredient that may help you lose weight, you should understand that anything in excess is bad. Despite its health benefits & benefits for weight loss, ghee should be taken in moderation, considering it is high in saturated fats. It is okay to take one to two teaspoons of ghee every day in order to yield maximum benefits.
So, use ghee for burning belly fat & ensure shedding some kilos; don’t forget to add a healthy diet and engage in exercises to lose weight in a healthy way.